Monday, February 20, 2012

Remembrance


The blooming flowers sway
As the rain pours down
Over the sunken earth

-Niji by L'Arc~en~Ciel
translation by Megchan


I wanted to do a painting that reminded one of the Victorian era - an old crackled piece that had a feeling of remembering a loved one that had passed away. Back then, personal articfacts were used to mark a person's existence- their hair was often weaved and put into a locket, for example. I wanted that feeling in this painting, so I used real roses and wire to help create that.


The truth is
that everone's hearts are fragile and cracked
Drenched by the pouring rain
You stand still
But I believe in you
Niji by L'Arc~en~Ciel
translation by Megchan

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,
    I especially love this piece among your Hyde inspire artwork.
    The crackle paint surface is really effective. That's my fav part. Also, I wish the wire was thinner and more gesture. It's still a great work though. Keep up your traditional art.
    I'm just a lazy ass so if I ever do a Hyde fanart soon I'm just gonna make it in photoshop (again)lol

    ReplyDelete