Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Flower that Floats in the Darkness


"The scattered flower petals, the drops are crimson
The waning moon spins around, projecting an eternal love"
- Kasou by L'Arc~en~Ciel  translated by Meg-chan



Kasou is the first L'Arc~en~Ciel song that I fell in love with, and this is the first drawing that I attempted to do of Hyde. There was something in the way that he sang this song that stirred me. The feeling of sadness and angst drew me in. When I looked up the english translation, I was moved at the feeling of loss, emptiness and longing to be with a loved one who was gone.
Upon visiting my brother last summer, I noticed that a rose bush that Laura had planted yielded only one red rose. My brother said that since she had passed, the bush only grew one rose per season.

It was Laura's last parting gift....

No comments:

Post a Comment