Sunday, June 15, 2014

Midnight Moon





Mixed Media sculpture
40 inches tall

This piece was originally called " Deep Red " or " RedRum".
I felt like neither name really fit her.
I expressed this to her new owners and told them that they should listen and feel in their hearts what her "real" name is- since I believed that she would tell it to them eventually.
I was recently told that she indeed revealed her real name- to two young girls, aged 4 and 6. They declared that her name was Midnight Moon. 
Later on, the owner received two glasses in his mailbox, with the stamp " Midnight Moon" on them.
A wonderful coincidence.


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your new sculpture is fabulous. It needs to get into the Akin in the fall.
    Love the lace and the satin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this sculpture at the Akin Free Library art show today, and I think it's absolutely stunning. Perfection! ~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much tanya for publishing the naming story about midnight moon!
    love and hugs
    down the road.............
    billy

    ReplyDelete